In December 2012, a dog arrived in rescue with severe burns around its neck and upper chest from a shock collar. This dog’s skin was infected under his fur — there’s no telling for how long. The below pictures were taken after the removal of the fur and treatment. You can only imagine how this looked (and felt) prior to this dog receiving veterinary care.
CGPR does not adopt dogs to those who plan to secure their new family member with invisible fencing. CGPR adopts only to those who provide secure, stable, and visible fencing.
Please, never use a shock collar on a Pyr!