All Pyrs and their people are invited to Carolina Great Pyrenees Rescue’s annual homecoming Pyrnic! Join us on Oct. 8 from...
A Quick Pyrview
Rescue based in Charlotte, helping dogs in NC and SC
Non-refundable adoption donation: $300 for adults, $350 for puppies
All-volunteer 501(c)3 established in 1992
Active web and social media presence to educate about the breed
Second-Chance Dogs Make First-Class Family Members.
Adoption Policies Overview
The majority of our Pyrs require solid and securely fenced yards to thrive. We occasionally make exceptions for experienced Pyr owners who understand the breed’s strong instinct to roam and commit to keeping the Pyr on-leash when outside. We do not place Pyrs in homes where chains, tie-outs, or underground fencing is used.
News from the Rescue
Merchandise featuring the CGPR logo and crest can be bought at https://cgpr.threadless.com/ CGPR receives a small portion of the sale...
We need the following:
- Forever homes: The number one way to help us is to adopt a Pyr.
- Donate any of the following items: We sometimes need clean towels and blankets (no wool), new or gently-used crates, Diamond Natural Lamb and Rice blend kibble, plain Milk Bones, Tide HE, and paper towels. Please email president@
carolinapyrrescue.com for current needs. Many of these needs are listed on our Amazon Wish List.
- Organize an adoption event at a local pet store or other suitable site in your community: Email events@carolinapyrenews.
- Donate: CGPR is a 501(c)3 non profit. Every dollar you donate goes directly to our efforts to save these magnificent dogs. Your donations are tax deductible, and you will receive a letter from CGPR for your records stating the details of your donation. Click the ‘Donate’ button below to start the donation process via PayPals’ safe and secure webserver. You can also send a check to CGPR at 4015 Fawnbrooke Dr., Indian Trail, NC 28079.
- Post, forward, and like: We share our Pyrs’ profiles on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter. Any likes, forwards, retweets, and posts help them by introducing new people to the wonderful dogs we have in rescue. The majority of our adoptive families find us through the internet and social media.
- Shop: Make us your charity through AmazonSmile, iGive, or GivingAssistant, and raise money while doing your normal shopping.
- Donate through work: Take advantage of matching giving programs your employer may offer. Email donations@